Monday, March 8, 2010

Can't get shit done

Why is it when you are in a state of mania you can't remember shit. Like when you are in the middle of unloading the dishwasher and next thing you know you are downloading music. You forgot what you were supposed to be doing leaving all drawers, cabinets, and the dishwasher open. You even forgot what music sent you on your sideways rampage and now are sitting on the computer wandering around aimlessly trying to remember what you were looking for. 2 hours later you walk into the kitchen and remember "Oh yeah I was doing shit" This drives my boyfriend crazy and he can't understand why I can't seem to close the cabinet doors. He has something called Attention Surplus Disorder.

Even right now I am supposed to be doing work. I went to the grocery store and walked around for 20 minutes trying to remember what I was there for which was supposed to be a 5 minute milk run. Shit shit shit.

I was fucked at conception because both my parents are A.D.D. with all the classic symptoms. I have come to think I might really be Bipolar but my symptoms are really mild and definitely not worth medicating. Normally I am completely OK, with the majority of my depression translating into a mediocre feeling and lack of motivation. I can even somewhat manage staying on task to unload the dishwasher if I consciously walk through each step. I have this conversation with myself "Ok you are done unloading the silverware. Shut the drawer. Now unload the cups, ok shut the cabinet, ok you are done with the dishwasher close the door." I guess I should just be happy I am mentally stable for the most part.

Oh yeah this is what I was doing:

Wavves "No Hope Kids" from Pete Ohs on Vimeo.

4 comments:

Octohawk said...

1. Hahaaha this post sounds so much like me it's scary.. When I wrote the post you commented on, I had gone into the bathroom to pee and ended up in there cleaning all the corners. And in the meantime I had burned the food I forgot I was cooking.
2. That is such a fucking great song.
3. Do I know you? Just wondering because of the Florida blog and the mutual friends in your sidebar.

JMM said...

The only adjective I had for today was fuck (which I double checked and it can be used as an adjective) I am pretty sure I have met you before from BBQ bar and Blackshaw. Started reading your blog through Andrew...I am a creeepppp.

jordanolivia said...

or maybe you just don't like doing dishes... poor Mike

Octohawk said...

Fuck is literally the most perfect word in the English language because it can be used as any part of speech. Maybe I have met you, though I definitely don't frequent BBQ Bar anymore and it's hard to tell based on your photo. Anyway... everyone creeps on the internet. That's why it exists.