Yes I bought a Polaroid camera at a thrift store, and then I bought insanely expensive film to fill it with. However the film is a little different than other insanely expensive film because it is test film, made from Polaroid's last standing instant film manufacturing plant. This plant was about to be closed as well forever when a couple of people bought the machines and remaining materials and started "The Impossible Project"
It is a nice story and you can read about it here as well as waste your own money. Hah here are a few of the standouts:







As you can see this film is extremely picky about lighting. I took a bunch of throw away pictures that are not even worth scanning. I love film because of the anticipation and the fact that every photo is so deliberate as to not waste. I only got a digital camera 2 years ago and started out shooting film, but as much as I love it it is a pain in the ass.
Anticipation leads to disappointment mixed with a tinge of satisfaction
No comments:
Post a Comment