I was watching a video about the Portland music scene and one of the band's said "If you like a place don't move there, create your own scene in your town" and I think that is the beauty of Saint Augustine. I feel like more and more people post undergrad are moving here and making it a place they want to be.
I am so inspired by all of the young business owners and new businesses that have opened in the last 6 months. There is a lot going on just since we have moved here that is making it even more appealing to stay. I would love to open a market where you can get seasonal baked goods, prepared foods, and quick bites to stay or go with a good beer/wine selection in the Antique uptown area I live in now. I think we are lacking a place for quick casual meals for locals and tourists alike in these two blocks. I know if I ever wanted to quit my job I could still see myself living here and trying it out for myself. So far from what I can tell everyone seems to be developing a good following and seeing their hard work pay off. If you come to St. Augustine there are some new happenings worth checking out including a used record store, the Floridian restaurant, Anchor boutique, The Conservatoire event planning and Ring of Fire the bar where you can get good cheap beer in a mason jar (all with under 35 business owners)
I have also met some rad people to be friends with and enjoy the vibe here.
I was supposed to be taking pictures with my phone, which I have been doing but I have not been putting them on here on a regular basis. I will try to make a conscious effort.
This band is Disco Biscuits and I am sure 95% of the people in this auditorium were on drugs. They had crazy lasers and they only played one song for the entire 15 minutes I watched them play. Moogfest in Asheville was great for being able to drop in on bands you might never have seen otherwise.
1 comment:
Beer in a mason jar sounds yummy. I'm looking forward to moving to Tampa because there are more gastropubs.
Post a Comment