I have been MIA on here for a bit and will try to get caught up on recent trips I have taken as I get the time.
I got a new job and needed to transition and I went on vacation to Asheville, North Carolina in between my old job and my new job. So needless to say October went super quick. Here are my pictures from kayaking on Juniper Run in the Ocala National Forest.

If you look in the background of this picture Jordan was on top the world here having pulled her kayak over a log, but then her top flew off and she fell into the water.

The first two miles of Juniper are really shallow and super clear it almost feels like you are in a swimming pool.



I would definitely recommend doing this run and think it was worth the pain of having to drop one car off at the end and shuttle back and forth.
We went in early October and even though it was beautiful out there was not much crowd for a Saturday afternoon.
I can't believe this weather! 85 one day 35 the next! I am hoping to get to enjoy some Florida fall after this cold snap passes.



3 comments:
Beautiful...totally putting this on the to do list.
I backpacked in the exact same area a few weekends ago. We started at Juniper Springs and hiked to Alexander Springs on the Florida Trail, camping for the night along the way. Beautiful area.
So why is there no video of Jordan's top flying off and falling in the water? That would be a source of endless amusement. :) PS Pictures are beautiful. Take me there when I quit my job and come visit for a month?
Post a Comment