Friday, September 10, 2010

Summer?

Fall is on its way. I know it is hard to tell with the temperatures barely dipping below 90 degrees but being born in Florida you can tell the difference between 95 with 100% humidity and 85 with 80% humidity. The evenings are almost porch worthy again and it is pleasant in the shade (with a sea breeze). I love the next few months of Florida weather. Perfectly comfortable in jeans and a t-shirt but still beach weather (no wetsuits yet).

I am not ready for fall yet though, no pumpkin recipes, no cinnamon broom sticks. I just want to relish in this last month of summer. My first summer in St. Augustine has been awesome and my bathing suit has gotten plenty of use. Summer review:

No amount of time at the lake is enough for Cody. This is where he sits for hours when we go out.
Waterproof camera Christmas present finally getting some use.


Plenty of Jordan time this summer (could always use more)

Welcome to North Florida where we deep fry everything hah.

Early morning fishing
Too bad this is only thing we caught (bastard broke the pliers)

Plenty of dolphin all summer

Cat and Taylor (and 5th wheel Reuben) are a pretty awesome bonus of St. Augustine. Boating trips, kayak and dock usage and Stogie's? Yes Please!
Learned that I should follow my gut and not go out when it seems like a bad idea. Thankfully I made it back to the creek after paddling backwards for 45 min.

More fishing!

Deciding on dinner makes Jordan want to rip her hair out with all the indecisiveness
A little surfing ( no pics from the good days because we were both too busy surfing)
The annual summer body (easy to get in shape when you are at the beach all the time)
Bad ass 4th of July sunset



Scalloping on a busy picked over weekend
Still a super good time though

Got my first Columbia shirt for all the boating and fishing summer entailed (Working on becoming a full on good ole boy psssh)

Single fin and bonzer in progress


Red fish honey hole?

Single fin finished

Bio-luminescence kayak tour
I highly recommend going out in Mosquito Lagoon at night between September and March to see the bio-luminescence. It was one of the craziest things I've ever seen.

It has been a great summer so far!

6 comments:

andrew said...

Awesome post, Jenn! I want more like this. The Columbia shirt is a must have for any true Floridian.

The Florida Blogger said...

When I was out for a bike ride today, I noticed that it was a tad cooler. Not perceptible by the ordinary person, but totally felt by the Floridian.

jordanolivia said...

(1) I wore that dress to work today, it looks sweet with my new badass tattoos (2) i was actually just demonstrating how i like to have my hair pulled and (3) bioluminescence kayaking is summer months

Katy Tay said...

1)why does jordan always have to flip the camera off? love the camera, jordan.

2)is this the bio-luminescense that i was supposed to drive down for last weekend? :o)

3)miss you!

JMM said...

Jordan- Again you are not wholesome...give it up

Katy- I miss you too and I agree about Jordan! Hopefully Florida is on Jon's list for job searching! Yes this was the night kayaking you were supposed to join us for hah.

FB-If you lived by the coast it would be even cooler, I highly recommend making the move. I felt totally land locked in Orlando which is probably absurd to someone in Nebraska. But either way the coastal sea breeze makes Florida much more tolerable.

Octohawk said...

Awesome post. I'm always happy to see people getting out and enjoying the Florida water. And if it makes you feel better, I own a few Columbia shirts from my days working at a fly shop in CO.